Insurance companies aren’t keen on keeping promises when it comes to protecting your safety net. I’m here to make sure you receive the dignity and respect you deserve when it comes time to fight for it.
Lee P. Fernon, Jr.
Lee is a Memphis, Tennessee native and a 2006 graduate of The University of Tennessee at Knoxville where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Finance with honors. Lee subsequently attended the University of Alabama School of Law on full scholarship and graduated summa cum laude in 2010. He finished fourth in his graduating class and served in numerous extracurricular positions such as Student Bar Association Chairman of Career Services and senior editor for the Alabama Law Review. Lee received numerous best paper awards as well as honors from the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society, the Public Interest Institute, the Order of the Coif, and Phi Delta Phi. Finally, he also performed work for the Alabama Law Institute and represented clients in the Alabama Domestic Violence Clinic.
After law school, Lee served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable William Royal Furgeson of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas. He then clerked for the Honorable Jerome Kearney of the United States District Court for the Northern Eastern District of Arkansas for three years.
Since then, he has worked at the Sinclair Law Firm representing clients across the country from New York to California. Although a large portion of those clients has been professionals, such as doctors and attorneys, he has also worked to help persons from all walks of life, such as factory workers and repairmen. Lee has been involved in a significant decision impacting key provisions in a major U.S. company’s benefit plan and has had the privilege of assisting clients in obtaining favorable outcomes in numerous cases, notably including a favorable ERISA final decision, something very rare in Alabama.
He is driven by the conviction that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect when it becomes necessary to rely on the safety net they put in place to protect themselves and their family. Insurers seem less and less willing to abide by their promises when that day comes, so he is kept pretty busy most days.
Lee has traveled to over 50 countries and hopes to see them all one day.
- ERISA LTD and STD Disability, Life & Pension/Retirement Benefits
- Individual Insurance (e.g., disability, life, AD&D, and health insurance)
- Bad Faith
- Class Actions
- Top Hat Plans
- State of Tennessee (2011)
- State of Texas (2015)
- State of Alabama (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee (B.S. in Finance cum laude, 2006)
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D. 2010, summa cum laude); Alabama Law Review, Senior Editor; Phi Delta Phi, Secretary & Social Chair; Environmental Law Club; Student Bar Association Executive Board, Chairman of Career Services; Sports and Entertainment Law Society, Secretary; Order of the Coif; Hugo L. Black Scholar Award; Howell T. Heflin Award for Legal Excellence; Dean M. Leigh Harrison Award; Full-tuition academic scholarship; Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society; Public Interest Certificate; Public Interest Student Board; Domestic Violence Clinic; Dean’s Community Service Award
LET’S WORK TOGETHER TO WIN YOUR CASE
Contact Sinclair Law Firm today to begin working with an experienced attorney. Initial consultation free of charge.
Disclaimer: No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. This website and the information contained herein have been prepared by and are the trademark property of Sinclair Law Firm, LLC and are not authorized for dissemination or use by other parties. This content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship. If you contact us by email, please be aware that communications through this web site may not be privileged or confidential as e-mail is not secure.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
We invite you to explore our website, but more importantly, we invite you to call us and meet with us. Our initial consultation is provided free of charge.